Role of the Association
Professional associations play an important role in information sharing, advocacy, public relations and professional development. Alongside regulatory agencies and labor organizations, professional associations form a very important pillar of any profession.
As a membership-based professional association, the Paramedic Association of Manitoba strives to:
- Represent the professional interests of paramedic practitioners in Manitoba;
- Promote excellence in paramedic practice;
- Collaborate on behalf of members with provincial and local governments and regulating authorities;
- Engage and communicate with other health care agencies, organizations and key stakeholders to promote excellence in patient care and patient safety;
- Support and facilitate continuing education and professional development for all members;
- Promote public and political awareness regarding the profession of paramedicine and our role in health care;
- Keep members informed of current and emerging trends and practices within the profession.